Harrison County, Ohio

Juvenile Court

Honorable Judge Matthew Puskarich photo.JPG

Honorable Matthew P. Puskarich
Juvenile Court Judge

Court Administrator
(740) 942-2088

Chief Deputy Clerk
(740) 942-8862


(740) 942-8515

PH:    (740) 942-8862
FAX:  (740) 942-8483


Magistrate's Court handles child support matters ONLY


Magistrate's Clerk
(740) 942-1336

FAX:   (740) 942-8483

Harrison County Juvenile Court

The Purpose and mission of the Juvenile Court is defined in Ohio Revised Code Section 2151.01 and 2152.01 as follows:

  • To provide for the care, protection, and mental and physical development of children;
  • To protect the public interest and safety, hold juvenile offenders accountable for their actions, restore the victim, and rehabilitate juvenile offenders;
  • To achieve the foregoing purposes, whenever possible, in the family environment, separating the child from its parents only when necessary for his/her welfare, or in the interests of public safety;
  • To provide judicial procedures through which Chapter 2151 and 2152 of the Revised Code are executed and enforced, and in which parties are assured of a fair hearing, and their constitutional and other legal rights are recognized and enforced.

Matters Handled by the Harrison County Juvenile Court:

  • Juvenile Delinquency
  • Juvenile Unruly
  • Juvenile Truancy
  • Juvenile Traffic Offenses
  • Abuse, Neglect and Dependency Offenses
  • Parental Rights and Responsibilities (Custody; Visitation; Child Support*)
  • Grandparent Power of Attorney
  • Caretaker Authorization
  • Civil Protection Orders against Juvenile Offenders

*The Juvenile Court Staff cannot Provide legal advice or make recommendations for legal counsel.

Juvenile Probation Services:

The juvenile Court Probation Department is entrusted by our community to serve and support the youth and families of Harrison County.  We are committed to assist in the development of today's youth in becoming tomorrow's leaders and productive citizens through utilizing:

  • Accountability
  • Education
  • Community Services
  • Family Support and Guidance


Complaint for Custody-Visitation.pdf  (New Custody or Visitation  / Cost:  $120 per child) 

Motion for Change of Custody.pdf  (Change Existing Custody Order / Cost:  $70 to reopen each case)

Motion for Change of Visitation.pdf  (Change Existing Visitation Order / Cost:  $70 to reopen each case)

Request for Service.pdf  (Attach to all filings)

Motion for Contempt.pdf  (Contempt of Existing Order of This Court / $70 to reopen each case)  

Grandparent Power of Attorney (signed by a parent of the youth, granting power of Attorney to a Grandparent.  Must be filed with the Juvenile Court)

Caretaker Authorization (filed by a Grandparent when both parents are absent and unavailable to grant Power of Attorney.  Must be filed with the Juvenile Court)

Local Parenting Guidelines

Long Distance Parenting Guidelines

Filing Fees

Local Rules of Court 

Click HERE for map

Contact Us